Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Fork and Spoon

Mother of Pearl! They are done and sexy as hell! I love how Liz gave the broken heart the grey enamel and the full heart the white one, even though she admits that was by accident.. still marvelous! I can't wait to hold them in my hands! OHHH!! So check out the finished heart and spoon pair ! We are still working on a name for them.. my thought is something along the lines of bride and spinster? bride and widow?.. no I don't like implying that both women were married... but maybe the widow killed her husband? Could put an interesting twist on the story.
Also today was my first Art reach class, 8th grade... they get a little bit full of themselves by that point. Ha! I really had a great time. The students are very high energy and very excited about things, even if they have no idea what the hell is going on. A new and fresh kind of energy to have in the studio, which I appreciate. Tomorrow I believe we have 8th graders again.. new school. We'll see how these new guys compare. But so far so good. I'm going to adjust my project a little bit for the other grades, which I feel will help with time management. Hmm.. yes yes... much to mull over... we'll talk more tomorrow.. thank you- yes another beer.

1 comment:

  1. The white bride and the black widow? (Even though I know it's not strictly black.)

    ReplyDelete