Wednesday, June 29, 2011

mid-way

Ok, so I'm at the half way point of my 2 month residency here at Pocosin. How did this happen?
Last night on an adventure walk across to the other side of the scuppernong river I spotted a BOBCAT!!! My first one ever live and in the "wild". I was walking along an old abandoned bridge talking to myself (of course who else would I be talking to) and saw her, she was sitting on the side of the bridge beside two old glass bottles ( one brown and one green). As soon as I saw her, she turned and jumped back into the wild marsh land. Ohhhhhh!!! So exciting! I know you can hardly stay in your seats.
Hey, it's a small town this is all the excitement I get- ok.
Work? Oh yes, I'm making some pieces to get out to galleries and getting caught up on trades I owe. (If you happen to know anyone who would be willing to barter a car for an engagement ring or fancy silver container. Please send them my way. JAH-RULE has passed her 250,000 mile marker and I'm afraid she might be headed to retirement. It is odd how attached we become to our vehicles.)

I'm still continuing with my wall wire guys. At some point in the next 2 years I want to completely fill a gallery with them. At the opening I'll continually make up random stories to tell people about the forms and their interactions with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment